26 September 2010

How I Spent My Summer

Yes, it's been forever since I've posted anything ... I know ... but really, I have an excellent excuse, uh, reason.

If you look at the new King's Meadow Humanities Curriculum, you'll see how I spent the summer ... the whole summer.

This used to be called Gileskirk, but after the end of that company, and a two-year hiatus, it's back and (I think) it's better than ever. Modernity was released after only six or seven weeks' work, complete with detailed Instructor's Guide, three versions of the student syllabus, and lots of extras. The first semester of Christendom was released after about three weeks' work (non-stop, 12-16 hours in front of the computer, six days each week, and many Sunday afternoons). The full Christendom course will be released in December. American Culture will follow in June and the following year, Antiquity will be released.

So, now that I'm no longer tied to the computer, I hope to be posting more consistently. I've got lots to post about after a three month vacation from all things cooking and housewifery. My 17 yodd and I are working to replenish the stores that were depleted when I was doing no grocery shopping, the house is in serious need of organizing and deep cleaning, and school is only partially planned. One day at a time, grace upon grace, line upon line, we'll get it done. I care more about our attitudes toward one another as we get caught up than that it all happens now.

I also took some time off in July to take the train to Dallas and go to the CiRCE Conference. Wow! As always! I was privileged to be able to present a workshop at this one and I don't think I've ever been so nervous speaking publickly (I normally get enough butterflies to use, but not enough to overwhelm - this time was different). I didn't get to that many workshops this time, but the CD's arrived last week and I'll post as I listen.

We've also got some new stuff going on in school, which I'll post about on our school blog.

So, I hope this is hello, again, and I'll be seeing you!

No comments:

Post a Comment