25 January 2008

Let the Fun Begin!


Awhile ago, I mentioned our kitchen remodel. Well, it officially began this afternoon when Drew began tearing down the snackbar. Oh, no! I plan to film the work but hadn't gotten my before shots of the kitchen! He placed the snackbar back up on the pony-wall for me so I could pretend (it is film, after all) and try to get a shot of what the kitchen felt like with the tall snack bar breaking up the space.

Since 18 yo Jared and 16 yo Nathan will be helping with the work, 13 yo Benjamin (yes, names! Drew said he was okay with mentioning the kids by name) will be my assistant director, part-time camera man, and boom boy. He's actually made more films than Nathan, so I'm confident that he'll be an asset to the production. Tomorrow, we'll shoot the 'before' walk through as I explain why we're making changes and what we hope to accomplish. Then, we'll film each step of the process and see how it edits together. One friend is hopeful that we'll be able to enter the film in a contest somewhere. I hope I don't end up with something that would fit on America's Funniest Home Videos!

I may try to post some segments to my dot mac website, but first I need to post the boys' film for friends around the country to see - our public awaits! The videos will be password protected. If I don't know you in real life, or haven't known you long online, I'm sorry, but I won't be able to share the password.

However, we're also taking snapshots of the work and I've been able to load pictures lately, so I'll try to load some of them here.

SDG!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how fun! Enjoy yourselves. I hope it doesn't take too long.

    ReplyDelete