09 February 2009

Fajita…in a Pita!

I experimented tonight.  I'm not a big fan of Mexican food (although some spiced, but not hot Mexican food has gotten the nod) - I know, what am I doing living in Arizona?

Anyway, here's what's for dinner:

flat iron steaks, cut into narrow slices
red, green, and yellow bell peppers
a large Maui onion
Roma tomatoes, with the drippy seeds and stuff removed
mushrooms

I sautéed the meat and onions in oil with garlic.  Then I looked in my Culinary Artistry book* to find out what herbs and spices are used in Greek food.  I ended up adding salt, cinnamon, a pinch of allspice, a pinch of ground cloves, a few dribbles of lemon juice, marjoram, mediterranean basil, and parsley, with a pinch of arrowroot to thicken up the sauce.

Then I added the other fresh veggies, cooked the whole thing for about three minutes, and served it on pitas with sour cream.  Yum!


SDG!

No comments:

Post a Comment