10 February 2008

Almost Done

The grout has been sealed…five times. It's taking quite awhile to soak in and work properly. I'm going to apply another coat tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that, and as many days as I need to to make the grout waterproof.

We still need to install the facing pieces around the edge, but we didn't cut enough when we had the saw, so that will need to wait a bit.

We've finally made some progress in designing the backsplash. We're going to use smaller versions of the counter tiles, varying their orientation, setting them off with a smaller outline tile in a darker brown and an occasional decorative tile. We're narrowing down the selection of the decorative tile, but we're not quite there yet.

The desk will be the next big piece of the puzzle and then the island.

I'll try again to post pictures. It really is looking wonderful!

In the meantime, we're all enjoying the larger kitchen. We've been slowly putting things back in the cabinets, but we're rearranging and reorganizing as we go…also sorting and getting rid of things we haven't used in awhile. I'm thinking through the way we use the kitchen and rethinking how I've categorized things. For example, instead of putting the mixer with the rest of the small appliances where it was before, it now sits up with the mixing bowls.


No comments:

Post a Comment