27 February 2008

Progress…Finally

At about 8:30 last night, the saw decided to work again. At that point, we cut everything we needed to complete the desk, the island, the backsplash, and the window sill. We were able to cut a few more strips for the counter fronts, but the saw started pulling to the right again, so we gave it up.

Drew and I stayed up until 11:30 working on the island. We had only two pieces of tile left to lay and … we ran out of thinset!

I'll pick up another bag today - we'll need it for the fronts anyway.

It's also time to start grouting. This afternoon, I'll finish cleaning the grout lines in the desk and start the grout there. I also want to work on the backsplash behind the stove. As soon as that section is grouted and sealed, we can move the stove back into place permanently.

I'll keep working to post pictures as I have time around school and the work itself.

SDG!

p.s. We've been told that the tile saw will be retired once we return it to World of Tile, so I'm glad to report that no one else will have to try to cope with this persnickety piece of machinery.

No comments:

Post a Comment